Questions about filling

Comments

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

1Pw7 additional query:

I have some 60+ websites and logins stored in my 1Password 7 password manager, and it works just fine most of the time for most of the concerned websites.

Some of the websites i regularly visit, and which have login procedures to be used with 1Password7; some are somewhat difficult and tedious to get access to - I will explain further:

It happens that when i want to access a certain website, i first open 1Pw7, and from there I select the desired website and double-click on its icon. The to get into this website, I point the cursor on the ”quick-access” row: (screen-shot 1) and click to let 1Pw7 log me in.

Then the intended website is shown, but I am not yet properly loged in, but asked there to log in. (Screenshot 2)

The current user name and password has often been filled in ,but clicking on the ”log-in-button” of the website only renders a message often in a red message ”incorrect user name and/or password” (ref. Screenshot 3)

Then I have to return to 1Password interface again, and copy specifically just the password and paste it into the field of the website i want to gain access to. Then (please note the order in which I have to do these actions!) Then I fill in the field of e-mail address/user name from heart, I generally don´t have to retrieve my email address from 1Pw7 since I know it by heart, but sometimes I do have to check the user name, which might vary between websites for me.

A repeated click on the website´s ”log-in”-button gives me access to the website - finally!

Theis is a rather tedious way to safely log in - am I doing wrong or being impractical (ignorant?)… Please guide me och correct my behavior!

My mostly used computer unit is a MacBookPro 15” from 2015, updated with the latest edition of Catalina MacOS 10.15.3.

Maybe some 20 % of my 67 websites appear to behave in this way or similarly…I can get in, but it takes a while!!

Best regards
    /B

PS. Please note that my screenshots might be shown above in the wrong order!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ulbn!

I have split your latest comment into its separate discussion, since it was unrelated to the previous one on WLAN sync. I have also moved it to the correct forum section for you.

Then the intended website is shown, but I am not yet properly loged in, but asked there to log in. (Screenshot 2)

In screenshot 2, I see that you still have Safari passwords enabled, and you used that to login instead of 1Password. The suggestion is coming from Safari, not from 1Password. We usually recommend disabling the password management feature in your browser and let 1Password handle this, to avoid interference.

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Hi again ag_ana!

You wrote above:

"In screenshot 2, I see that you still have Safari passwords enabled..." Ok, if that´s the explanation - how come that I having the same log-in difficulty to log in via 1Pw7 on my Apple IPad mini (version 5) updated with the latest iOS 13.3...
    ...the iPad does not use Safari, does it?

And furthermore, does disabling the password management feature on my MacBook Pro laptop, does that also "cure" these difficulties on my iPad simultaneously?

Regards
    /B

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@ulbn:

Ok, if that´s the explanation - how come that I having the same log-in difficulty to log in via 1Pw7 on my Apple IPad mini (version 5) updated with the latest iOS 13.3...
    ...the iPad does not use Safari, does it?

It does use Safari by default, yes. In your AutoFill settings on your iPad, please make sure that you only have 1Password enabled in that menu, as per the screenshot you can see here.

And furthermore, does disabling the password management feature on my MacBook Pro laptop, does that also "cure" these difficulties on my iPad simultaneously?

No, those are two separate issues.

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Hi again ag_ana

Alright, now I have done as you instructed...i.e. I have disabled Safari key chain login on my iPad, only 1Pw login box is ticked.

However, the login difficulties still remain, for example with the three websites Crimson, Photax and particularly with Life360.

For the two first i managed to get in with my “backward procedure” (as explained in my first mail) but for Life 360 i did not get in at all. This particular website is not very important at all to me - it is more a matter of login method generally or a simple procedure.

Finally, I do get along fairly well with things as they are, no sweat, but getting it right and smooth is also a good way for me to learn how 1Pw works and to utilise all the magnificent features in 1Pw7!

Have a nice day!
    Best regards
    /B

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ulbn:

Can you please share with us these three URLs where you are trying to login? This way, we can test them here too, and see if we get the same results as you ;)

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Here they are (written exactly as they are in my 1Pw7 list)

https://crimson.se

https://www.life360.com/circles/#/

https://www.photax.se

OK?
    /B

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ulbn:

I have just tried all three websites, and 1Password was able to fill everything correctly for me. Can you please let us know the version of the 1Password browser extension that you are using on your Mac?

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Hi again ag_ana!
    I am not quite sure what info you need...(my ignorance is known, eh?) so I enclose a Screenshot thereof...was that what you need??

if not, let please me know...
    Regards
    /B

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ulbn:

Thank you for the screenshot. If you are using 1Password in Safari, this screenshot is enough :)

I cannot reproduce the issue you explained in my machine. Are you able perhaps to send us a short screen recording of what is happening, so we can see exactly the steps that you are following?

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Yes, I will - asap...
    I am rather busy for the time being, but rather sooner than later...!
    OK?
    /B

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ulbn:

That's absolutely fine, we will be here when you are ready :)

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Hello again ag_ana...
    Now I have also disabled the Safari key ring password manager also on my Mac laptop as well as on the iPad...

It seems like login procedures run a little smoother now, so I will try this for the time being...i.e. it is working better now than before, and if I encounter difficulties again, I’ ll be back. Ok?

No further screenshots from me on this issue, for the time being! Ok with you?
    Have a nice day
    /B

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ulbn ,
    We're happy if you're happy :)

Feel free to write here again if you require further assistance with this. ag_ana, myself and the rest of the team will be happy to help.
    Have a great day as well.

This discussion has been closed.