Secret Key Recovery/Reset

We are trying to recover the secret key for a team member to no avail. I suspect they never completely logged in when the account was created originally. We attempted a recovery, they chose a new password, and as admin, I approved the recovery. They are then prompted to "get their secret key" which launches the website, which again asks for the secret key, which they do not have. They cannot find the recovery kit. They are not logged in on any device. I attempted to delete the account and start over, but I cannot delete the account, only suspend it. What else can we try? Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cranberryteacup! Welcome to the forum!

After they choose their new Master Password, they should be prompted to login to their account, and download a new copy of the Emergency Kit. Is this not happening to them?

• cranberryteacup
    cranberryteacup
    Community Member

They try to login but it requires the secret key and password so they cannot log in.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cranberryteacup:

Please recover their account once again, and ask them this time to use a different browser. I wonder if this is happening because their current browser is remembering their old login information when they try to login.

• cranberryteacup
    cranberryteacup
    Community Member

Thank you. That worked!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.