unlock extension with PIN

DXF1
DXF1
Community Member

Hi - I currently have the browser extension to lock after an exceedingly long time of inactivity (4 h) because my password is very long. Would it be possible to implement a 4- to 6-digit PIN to unlock the browser extension. That way I could set the inactivity period to be much shorter (eg, 10 min) and I'd only have to type a 4 or 6 digit PIN to unlock it.

thanks for all the work you've done: in my hours of trying other password managers, 1P is by far the best

1Password Version: 7.4.2.beta-3
Extension Version: chrome 1.18.6
OS Version: mac catalina
Sync Type: default

Comments

• Hi @DXF1

Thanks for the suggestion, and for the kind words. We don't currently have any plans to bring PINs to 1Password for Mac, but we can monitor for feedback on this and see if there is enough demand to consider it. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• akH4nw3N
    akH4nw3N
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I would like to add my support for this feature, since some users have an elevated threat model that prevents use of biometrics. If it was implemented in the same way as it was on iOS, that would be perfect (upon even one failed PIN entry attempt, fall back to the master password until the master password is entered successfully).

Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in on this as well @akH4nw3N :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.