Autofill skipping special characters

ppochobradsky
ppochobradsky
Community Member

Love the product—have been using is since early 2000s. I am running the latest beta version. When I ask to autofill either from within 1Password or from Safari browser, the auto entry skips special character ( in this case, a $). I actually have to paste the password in.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.4.2 Beta-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill skipping special characters

Comments

• Hey @ppochobradsky

I am not able to replicate this on my end I have six logins with "$" in the password and all of mine fill properly. So, I was wondering if there would be something else thats a contributing factor. Perhaps any other extension in Safari?

Additionally all of my passwords are 15-17 characters in length. I doubt that would be a factor but throwing it out there. They are limited by the sites acceptable length. :( Is the site something, that you can share a link? So that we can try to replicate the behavior.

• ppochobradsky
    ppochobradsky
    Community Member

Hi ag_tommy. It can be replicable on AT&T site. Having said that, I have tried with three other sites and found no problem with it. Had the same issue earlier with local utility company (also included $), but they have upgraded their site and it seems to be no longer an issue. As for the AT&T, I changed my password not to include $ and problem solved. Thanks and sorry for wasting your time.

• @ppochobradsky

You're not wasting my time. That's why we are here to help our customers. :)

I don't have a login for the traditional ATT site. I, however, have one for an enterprise offering. I tried changing my password to add a "$", and it categorically rejected it. It seems this very specific access portal only accepts "-" and "_" as special characters.

Thanks for mentioning it, and if it happens again be sure to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.