How do I log out the main team account on the app and sign in with my personal account instead?

gracid
gracid
Community Member

I am signed in as the main user for our team 1password account on the app on my mac computer but I would like to sign in as myself instead. I tried adding a new account but it said I cant because it's within the same team. So, how do I log out of the app and sign in with a different login.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.app
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:log out of app

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gracid! Welcome to the forum 👋

If you're able to unlock the Mac app, you can sign out of the existing account by clicking the "1Password" menu in the top-left corner of your Mac's screen and choosing "Preferences"; then in the "Preferences" window, click on the "Accounts" tab. Select the account you want to sign-out of in the list on the left, then click the small "-" button in the lower-left corner of the preferences window to begin the sign-out process.

If that was the only thing set up in the app, you'll be returned to the app's "welcome" screen - from there you can sign back into the account with a different set of credentials by clicking "1Password.com" in the "Used 1Password before?" section. Otherwise, you'll still be at the preferences window, and can just click the small "+" button in the lower-left corner to begin signing in with another membership.

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.