Not seeing 1Password X Version 1.18.0

According to the release notes the 1.18.0 of the plugin is released but it is not showing up yet in Chrome or the Chrome Web Store.
They still show 1.17.0 as the latest available version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

And I quote:

It warms our hearts to bring you this 1.18 stable release containing several quality of life, filling logic, and MFA handling improvements!

Ok Agilebits Support, I want my heart warmed also :). How can I obtain the latest iteration of 1Password X that shows a release date of yesterday.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I'm loving this excitement, @Orado @peepay @jmjm! ❤️ The 1.18.0 stable release is still pending review in Chrome. It's currently available in Firefox. :)

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

@kaitlyn , would you expect that the "review" will be done by the...end of the week...end of the month :( ?

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

@jmjm I'd say at least 2 working days: previous updated to 1.17.0 has been released from 1Password team on 25th nov 2019 (https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/B5X#v20094) and has been reviewed/published on Chrome Web Store on 27th nov 2019.

So, due to the fact that last update to 1.18.0 has been release from 1Password team on 3rd (https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/B5X#v20100), tomorrow could be a good day to presume to see the update availability in the Chrome Web Store.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Thank you @wizard86pz for the detailed reply.

(So just one more sleep ;))

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for doing some research for us, @wizard86pz. :)

@jmjm – I'll update you here once I have any updates.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

I'll update you here once I have any updates

@kaitlyn loking forward to it.

(kaitlyn, did agilebits expect that there would be a delay in having the new release appear on the Chrome Web store?)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm – I'm not sure what you mean by the delay. Anytime 1Password X is updated, it's required to go through Chrome's review process. How long that takes is unfortunately out of our hands, but it's the same process that we've been doing since 1Password X's existence, so nothing has changed on that front.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

I am just now into my first bit as a paying customer of this software and I guess I was just expecting that "Agile" wouldn't announce a new release until it was available for use/download.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I think you're referring to the release of the 1Password X changelog as I wouldn't expect any announcements to be made on our blog or our social media until after we know the new version is available in both Firefox and Chrome (and now Edge too). Version 1.18.0 is currently available in Firefox, though, so I believe it still makes sense for it to be in the changelog since we don't publish separate changelogs for Chrome and Firefox.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Thanks @kaitlyn for the follow-up.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

No problem! :+1:

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Hello @kaitlyn , just in case you had got sidetracked...any update on the availability of 1.18.0 at the Chrome Ext Store?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm:

As kaitlyn wrote earlier in this discussion, the length of the approval process is completely out of our hands. Extensions are approved by Google, and we have no control over that, sorry.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Just checking in @ag_ana.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries @jmjm. Unfortunately we won't have any updates until the extension gets approved. We are in the dark as much as you are, so we won't be able to offer updates when it comes to this I am afraid.

The good news is that 1Password X updates automatically, so you will know immediately once the new release is available.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

The good news is that 1Password X updates automatically, so you will know immediately once the new release is available.

It happened this morning. All good so far.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @jmjm! I am glad to hear this :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Mr_Zaggy! I hope you're enjoying the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.