Filling the wrong fields for Mind and Body online

kop48
kop48
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Prior to the new beta, autofill would correctly put my username in the username field at the top of the Mind and Body login. Now, it fills the username in the 'Create an account' field, and puts in the website URL in the 'Username' field.

This is filling in Firefox 73.0

1Password Version: 7.4.38
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 19555.1001
Sync Type: 1Password Online

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kop48,

Thank you for reporting this! Are we talking about https://www.mindbodyonline.com/? Please confirm.

In addition to this, please specify the version of 1Password extension that you use now and try to create a new Login item for this website manually. Does the issue remain with this new Login?

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Hi @Greg ,

The website is: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/su1.asp

I'm on the wrong computer, so will try this a bit later :)

• Hi @kop48,

I'm not able to reproduce it, can you try saving a new Login item manually or review the web form details in your Login item, you may have additional entries in there that 1Password is using to fill on the site.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Here's the item, note that there's no other fields in it:

• @kop48, look at View Saved Form Details, it's hidden by default. Click on it and you should see the list of fields 1Password will use to fill.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

I see what you were asking - one of the form fields was 'name', and that was being used as the 'username' instead:

• Yep, if you remove the values in Web From Details or save a new Login item separately, it should fill in properly next time.

That web form details look like it was saved on a registration form, that's why it saved more than just username/password, it'll try to fill these in on the Login page if they have matching fields.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Yup, it works now that I've created a new item. Note that I still think that there's some kind of bug, as I already had a 'username' field that it should've used, but yet it overrode that with the 'name' field instead.

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

Hi @kop48,

In this case, what we did before isn't correct with the data you have.

as I already had a 'username' field that it should've used, but yet it overrode that with the 'name' field instead.

The problem is, they don't use username on the name fields, so 1Password can only match what it matches. It does not know the difference between all three username fields in all three fields: (requiredtxtUserName, requiredtxtEmail_Address), it matches precisely what you saved with; you have a value for requiredtxtEmail_Address in your web form:

It didn't fill your URL randomly, it filled your saved value in the name field, here's what I mean:

So, when there are no precise matches to username or password (we do try other forms of these names), it falls back to your web form details and if there are precise matches like there are (both email address and name), it'll fill these in.

There is none for requiredtxtUserName, so it doesn't fill anything. Normally, you can fix this by creating that field in your web form details and make it the "designated" username field. Right now, you can't do this in 1Password 7 for Windows, it is something we plan to fix in a future update.

In other words, we're more much accurate this time around but it can cause regressions with older items where being accurate cause it to be inaccurate. I know, it sounds wrong but basically, we have a much more accurate 1Password filling brain but it is sensitive to old saved data that can cause it to be less accurate due to how 1Password Brain worked in the past.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Gotcha! Thank you for explaining :)

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.