Can't find passwords generated in Chrome

When I generate a password from a form drop-down in Chrome and do not save in 1Password right away through the pop-up, that password disappears into the ether and is not available in the "passwords" list in my vault. This has happened before, too, and required that I reset passwords just after I generate them.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:generated passwords

Comments

• Hey there @PotentApathy 😊

When you are generating a password like you describe, are you doing so from a dropdown menu that looks a little like this?

If so, I'd be curious to know that if you were to use the "All Vaults" view within 1Password and then search the "Passwords" category, if there are any of those missing generated passwords there.

• PotentApathy
    PotentApathy
    Community Member

Hey @Blake

I was using the drop down menu exactly as you show there. I checked "All Vaults" and there's no record of it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PotentApathy,

It seems that you are using 1Password X in the browser, so I moved this thread to 1Password X category. I hope you don't mind.

As for the question at hand: please click 1Password X button in the browser, then click + > Password Generator. After that, click Generator history:

Let us know if you see your generated passwords there. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• PotentApathy
    PotentApathy
    Community Member

Thanks @Greg

That's exactly where it is. I guess this is really more of a UI issue than anything. It's not clear how or why the Passwords drop down on the left would differ from the Generator History on the right. Also, the Generator History really shouldn't be under the +>Password Generator as I'm not looking to create a new item. Or at least it shouldn't just be under the +>Password Generator, ideally it would appear where it does and also under the "Passwords" drop down which is where it was before.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@PotentApathy – I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. You likely used the desktop-dependent 1Password extension previously, which saved new passwords as Password items. We changed the behavior in 1Password X, so it's great to hear your thoughts on it. Thank you!

• PotentApathy
    PotentApathy
    Community Member

No problem, @kaitlyn. Also, when I visit my vault in a browser window there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the passwords from the password generator, I can only see them in the plugin drop-down as described above. It would be nice to integrate the old Password Items and the new behaviour from 1Password X so that there's no confusion and everything is visible clearly from both the drop down and in the vault web page.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I see what you're saying. Thanks again for sharing your experience with me. :)

This discussion has been closed.