1Password safari extension suggestions not showing correct URL

I'm not sure if this happens to everybody but most of the time the suggestions show a different URL than the one I'm trying to login.

This is a big issue because the list of suggestions don't mach the URL and then I have yo scroll in order to find the correct one... I have multiple "similar" urls under the same domain...
Any help on how to fix this would be really appreciated.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.2 (70402004)
Extension Version: 7.4.2
OS Version: MacOs 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jarcsp ,

I tried reproducing what you are showing here but it worked properly on my Safari:

Can you perhaps open a new test vault in your 1Password app, then find a way to reproduce it there by creating similar test logins and give me a step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it?

• jarcsp
    jarcsp
    Community Member

Hi Yaron, thanks for the quick response.
    Basically I created a new test vault with 4 similar test login entries

2 for staging (karibu-staging) and 2 for karibu

Doesn't matter what I do it keeps displaying Karibu (non-staging) suggestion... and as you can see the url of those is correct

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I would assume the suggestion for this case would be the -staging one.

Again thanks and hopefully the sequence makes sense.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the detailed followup @jarcsp .
    1Password should indeed make suggestions according to the following order:

• Favorites.
    • Exact matches of the subdomain + base domain.
    • Similar matches with this base domain.

However, in your case the suffix in the URL (the "/go" at the end) throws 1Password off a bit so it skips the exact matches and goes to similar matches instead. When testing, I removed the "/go" from the URLs in 1Password and it did suggest the correct exact matches properly. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

• jarcsp
    jarcsp
    Community Member

Hi Yaron,

Indeed that workaround fixes the issue, I'll do that for all the other entries. Still, I think there is some bug with Safari because it works flawlessly with chrome or the other browsers even with the /go in the website URL. At least this will make my workflow faster now.
    Thanks for taking the time to review my issue.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@jarcsp I'm glad to hear my suggestion did the trick :)
    I just tested it with Chrome and the same issue exists there, so it's not Safari related. I will forward this information as necessary anyways :)

• jarcsp
    jarcsp
    Community Member

Thanks Yaron I should have clarified that it works flawlessly with 1passwordX in chrome, thanks for looking after the issue :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @jarcsp.
    Enjoy your 1Password and stay safe.

This discussion has been closed.