New user login question

When I login with the Windows extension tool, I am asked to enter my master password twice. Is that normal?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HowardPaul!

You should only enter your Master Password in the browser extension once. Can you please give us some more information about your setup?

• 1Password version
    • Extension version
    • OS version
    • Browser type and browser version

Thank you!

• HowardPaul
    HowardPaul
    Community Member

After I successfully enter the password in the Chrome extension module, it takes me a full-screen view and asks me to reenter it using "Secure Desktop."

1Password version = 7.3.712
    Extension version = 4.7.5.90
    OS version = Windows 10
    Browser type and browser version = Chrome V. 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Hey there @HowardPaul 👋

It sounds like you may be pressing Ctrl + Enter rather than just Enter or you're clicking the shield icon when entering your Master Password.

There isn't any way to make Secure Desktop the default login method right now – so you'd have to invoke unlock on Secure Desktop yourself, either with Ctrl + Enter or that shield icon. Try entering your Master Password, then just pressing Enter.

Let me know if that works as you'd expect. 😉

• HowardPaul
    HowardPaul
    Community Member

Thanks, Blake. I was indeed clicking on the shield. I followed your instructions and I got right in. I'm finding the learning curve on three devices—Windows PC/iPad/Android phone—is starting to level out. But I was stumped for a while!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HowardPaul,

On behalf of Blake you are very welcome! If you have any other difficulties with 1Password on your devices, please let us know. We are here to help. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.