Latest 1Password requires OS High Sierra 10.13 2009 iMac can't upgrade past 10.12.6 App not working

Options
stevemoore
stevemoore
Community Member

do I have to use iPassword X?

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Latest 1Password requires OS High Sierra 10.13 2009 iMac can't upgrade past 10.12.6 App not working

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @stevemoore! I'm sorry for the trouble. 1Password X is a great option if you're already using (or are willing to use) either Chrome or Firefox (or a short list of approved Chrome derivatives such as Vivaldi or Brave). We don't currently have a 1Password X version for Safari because Safari's code works a little differently than the others. You can find 1Password X right here. Remember, if you still have standalone vaults, 1Password X won't work with these; it only works with 1password.com accounts.

• @stevemoore,

While our System Requirements page states that macOS 10.13 is required to run 1Password 7, it will actually run on 10.12.6, we just don't recommend it due to a couple edge cases in behavior on 10.12.6.

• stevemoore
    stevemoore
    Community Member
    Options

HI Lars and Rudy.
    My 1 password was working fine with the previous version along with Safari. I'm not sure what that version was but I'm guessing it was pretty recent. I'm pretty sure it wasn't version 6 as I am using that now and it looks different. By the way version 6 is not working properly so maybe its not the version that is responsible. Thanks in advance for any advice.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stevemoore:

What is the issue exactly?

• stevemoore
    stevemoore
    Community Member
    Options

Do I need browser extensions for safari?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stevemoore:

You need the browser extension for every browser where you want to use 1Password. In Safari, please make sure that the 1Password extension is enabled under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab:

This discussion has been closed.