Keyboard Shortcut for Locking 1Password X

On a Windows 10 system with Chrome installed, I'd like to be able to set a shortcut for locking the 1PasswordX extension. Right now, I have both the Desktop app and the Chrome extension installed, and setting both of those to lock using a keybind would be great. Otherwise, I need to set a timeout period for locking (or lock it manually by going to the extension and clicking Lock).

1Password Version: 7.4.740
Extension Version: 1.18.6
OS Version: Windows 10 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard shortcut for locking

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

Hey @voxelsprite! 👋

We currently have a keyboard shortcut to lock 1Password X – It's Ctrl+Shift+L on Windows. You do need to have the 1Password X pop-up open, though. The default shortcut to open the pop-up in Chrome is Ctrl+Shift+X on Windows, so if you're wanting to use solely keyboard shortcuts without touching your mouse, you can press Ctrl+Shift+X (as long as you haven't changed the shortcut) then Ctrl+Shift+L right after.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

• voxelsprite
    voxelsprite
    Community Member

This does help! Thank you for letting me know!

Is it possible to change the shortcut for locking the extension? It's okay if there isn't, this is very helpful!

Thank you for your help!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@voxelsprite – For sure! I'm glad that helped. The keyboard shortcut to lock 1Password X cannot be changed, no. In case you're curious, you can see the full list of keyboard shortcuts in 1Password X here.

This discussion has been closed.