Cannot unlock 1Password app on Windows

Options
Julia82
Julia82
Community Member
edited February 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I use 1Passord family plan in combination with the windows desktop app. I have configured the desktop app to unlock via Windows hello and everthing works fine until today.
Now, whein I try to unlock 1Password i noticed that the Windows hello option is gone. insted there is a button to unlock via secure desktop but without any evect.
So, I tried to enter my master password but it doesn't work. I tried it several time but I can not unlock the app. But it is the correct master password. I have not problems to sign in on 1password.com with my master password.
What should I do no?

1Password Version: newest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Con not unlock 1Password app on Windows

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Julia82,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry to hear you bumped into difficulties.

Have you restarted your Windows PC or quit 1Password 7 completely today? The thing is that once 1Password is terminated or the computer is shut down, you'll have to unlock with the Master Password first before Windows Hello can be used again.

However, I am not sure why you can't unlock 1Password 7 using your Master Password now. Do you still have this issue? Please confirm.

Thank you!

++
    Greg

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

Something must have changed recently...in the past 48 hours or so as this difficulty logging into the Windows application isn't a "one off".

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111055/desktop-app-does-not-accept-my-password#latest

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmjm,

1Password 7 for Windows doesn't change your Master Password by itself. I replied to your message in a neighbour thread that you linked to, so please check it out.

Thank you!

++
    Greg

• Julia82
    Julia82
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your rely.
    I’ve got it back working.
    First, I reinstalled 1Password 7, bit this had no effect. Whin I opened the app I was directly prompted for my master password with the same result as before.
    Than I uninstalled 1Password, removed its Folders from my document- and appdata-folder and installed it again. This time I was prompted for my 1password.com credentials. I connected the app and now everything works fine again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Julia82! I am happy to hear that you managed to get things working again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.