Please spell -ise words (and the rest) correctly when translating to en_GB regions

hugo59bell
hugo59bell
Community Member

Dear team,

It is getting more annoying to have no proper translation from en_US to en_GB language. Could you include it in your things to do?

Regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Please spell -ise words (and the rest) correctly when translating to en_GB regions

Comments

• @hugo59bell,

There is an en_GB translation included in 1Password for Mac and iOS, it lives on crowdin. Are there particular phrases you have that we can check against the list?

• hugo59bell
    hugo59bell
    Community Member

Hi Rudy,
    Thanks for your interest.
    I created an account at crowdin and couldn't really understand what I saw.
    However en_GB spells authorize as authorise. Likewise for all -ise words.
    We spell center as centre; a lot of '-er' is '-re' in English - en_GB.
    Color becomes colour; likewise favor -> favour. Labor -> labour.
    CSection is Caesarean section or the FLA (four letter) of LSCS.
    We keep dipthongs: 'fetal' is foetal.
    We don't split infinitives, although my son rolls his eyes to say it is the new 'trend'.
    Likewise we do not endorse the trend from 'effect' to 'impact'.
    Making verbs from adjectives is not endorsed. 'To impact' is a grammatical error, and is better as 'to affect'.
    I could go on, but as ever we are 'two nations divided by a common language'.

Regards

David

• @hugo59bell

1Password is a Canadian company so we are familiar with the concept. I think Rudy was asking for specific examples of where we're using the wrong word within 1Password. :) Screenshots would be quite helpful:

▷ How to take a screenshot

Thanks!

Ben

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@hugo59bell I have localised (localized) the UK English version of 1Password on Crowdin almost single-handedly. If there is anything which I have missed in the process please let me know and I will try to update the relevant localisation.

Stephen

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the help here Stephen :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.