"From Screen" not working on initial setup of 1p beta [Fixed in 7.4.741]

jfro
jfro
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Was trying latest windows beta and hadn't installed it yet on this particular PC. I was trying to use the "From Screen" option for reading QR code while I had the 1password account info + QR showing in a web browser.
The signin window just flashed and didn't present an error or fill in the details. Did a screenshot of QR & did From Clipboard which worked though.

1Password Version: 7.4.738
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1909)
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

Hi @jfro,

Thanks for reporting this. I can reproduce this issue and we'll investigate it.

ref: dev/windows/opw#4457

• jfro
    jfro
    Community Member

Reproducible, the best kind of issue! Thanks!

• Yep, they are!

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

When trying to add an account, I tried to use the "Scan Setup Code" option in the Sign-in to another account window.

I tried scanning from Recovery kit (by selecting the PDF file) and scanning from screen (with PDF open), none of these options filled out the form, all inputs remain empty.

1Password Version: 7.4.738
    Extension Version: n/a
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: 1Password account

• @finwe,

See @miket's response above.

• @finwe,

Can you download a fresh PDF from your 1Password account on https://my.1password.com and tell me if scanning it as PDF works?

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

@MikeT Can confirm that scanning as PDF works as well as other methods. Just noticed, that when I delete pre-filled input contents (from previous reading) and then read from screen, it doesn't work on the first try, I have to read for the second time. But that's a weird corner case.

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

@finweb,

then read from screen, it doesn't work on the first try, I have to read for the second time. But that's a weird corner case.

We think the problem is that the main 1Password window didn't hide fast enough for the screen scanner to work, so we're inserting a larger delay to give the scanner a chance to take the right scan. When we did this, we didn't see any failures, so hopefully, that's all it needs. We're hoping to have it out in the next few beta updates.

We'll review the manual delete failure, see if we can reproduce it.

• @finweb and @jfro, can you try the 1Password 7.4.741 update and let me know if scanning from screen is better?

• jfro
    jfro
    Community Member

just updated to .741 and still seeing same results. Went to add my work account to 1p since I only have personal signed in, but main 1p window & signin window flash away briefly & come back, no details filled in. Firefox was open to the web 1p page with the QR code visible (un-hidden)

• Hmm, I cannot reproduce it anymore.

Does this happen on your profile page or on the Get The Apps page?

Does it work the second time?

This discussion has been closed.