Chrome Extension lost integration with desktop app after upgrading

After upgrading to 1.18.6, the chrome extension lost it's connection to the desktop app and cannot reestablish. I haven't changed anything with the extension or the app. The only other possible culprit could be that OS X upgraded recently.

1Password Version: 7.4.2 (70402004)
Extension Version: 1.18.6
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Web

Comments

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @russell,

If you check for updates in 1Password for Mac you should be prompted to update to 7.4.3 which will restore Desktop App Integration.

Sorry about that!

Lemme know if you have any issues after updating!

• russell
    russell
    Community Member

Hi @nickmcguire - it's telling me that the app is up to date.

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni

Hm, that's odd. Have you been using the 1Password for Mac beta? The beta is required for 1Password X to be able to connect to the Mac app.

• russell
    russell
    Community Member

I have been using the beta for a while. I just went in to Updates in preferences and for some reason the "Include beta builds" checkbox was off. I haven't changed that option before.

After I checked this I got the latest version of the beta with the update. This checkbox is disabled and checked now.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@russell – Ah, interesting. I'm really glad to hear you've got the beta version of 1Password for Mac installed now. Feel free to reach out if the same issue comes up again. We'll be here for you!

This discussion has been closed.