1Password installation across google gsuite domain

Hi, I'd like to setup 1password on our gsuite domain but when I search marketplace apps on google 1password is not listed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @lendann,

Unfortunately 1Password does not have GSuite integration at the moment. We are planning on our SCIM bridge being able to work with GSuite later this year.

You can read about automating user provisioning using SCIM and 1Password here: https://support.1password.com/scim/

• MarshallOfSound
    MarshallOfSound
    Community Member

Hey @jin_dhaliwal any updates on the GSuite SCIM integration?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@MarshallOfSound:

We don't have anything new to share since Jin's post. Please keep an eye on the release notes later this year as suggested: when this feature makes it to the public release of the SCIM bridge, we will mention it there.

• tstott
    tstott
    Community Member

any update on this?

• Hi @tstott

What Ana said on the 7th is still true. The release notes will be the best place to see any updates. :+1:

Ben

• timdawborn
    timdawborn
    Community Member

Hi there,

Given the trainwreck of a year that is 2020, are there any updates on a timeframe for when this will come into existence?

• Hi @timdawborn,

I hear ya, 2021 can't come soon enough.

Sadly I don't have good news to share with respect to GSuite support for our SCIM bridge. GSuite is by far the most requested Identity Provider for us to support, so I assure you that it's something we want as well. Unfortunately SCIM support has not come to GSuite, and they still only support SAML which we don't support. SAML is fundamentally different so it's not a simple protocol switch. We've been trying to figure out ways of working around this, but we have nothing to share there and I certainly wouldn't want to give another timeframe for us to miss. For now the simple answer is that it's unsupported, but something we have a real interest in changing.

I wish I had better news to share.

Rick

• jussiuosukainen
    jussiuosukainen
    Community Member

Google has supported SCIM since 2016, https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2016/07/automatically-provision-users-with-scim.html . Is it impossible to build something based on that bypasses the saml part of the SSO stack? Forcing us onto Okta/Rippling just to get this basic feature is painful...

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

Giving this thread a nudge. What's the status here? My company is a Google Cloud Partner and we have many Google Workspace customers. We also love 1P and would like to recommend 1P to our customers. But we can't unless some sort of user rollout through Workplace is implemented.

• Hi @cryptochrome,

No new developments to share right now. Please see Rick's post above for the current situation. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.