Error notification: 1Password Sync problem detected, update preferences

Options
wrrn
wrrn
Community Member

After update to 7.4.2 my standalone app is acting strangely on my Mac.

1) App will not sync. I go to preferences and try to choose iCloud and it fails with an error notification that says: 1Password Sync problem detected, update preferences
Sync was working fine before.
Sync on iOS works fine to same iCloud account.

2) Many of my categories are missing in the left pane of the app, but I see my item count is good.

3) Autofill in Brave browser (Chrome engine) is not working on many sites. The autofill window defaults back to all logins instead of logins only related to the site I'm visiting.

Yikes! What happened? Is it possible to revert to the previous version?

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wrrn!

I have replied to your question 3 here already. To try and address question 1 and 2, can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

• wrrn
    wrrn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_ana

I have yet to decide if I want to install a beta version in Brave but may give it a shot. Thanks for that option.

I've always unchecked "show 1P in menu bar" because I just rely on the browser extension or the full app. So I added it to the menu and then quit completely, and relaunched. Now 1P is behaving normally (sync and categories have returned).

Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wrrn, you are very welcome! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.