Feature Request: Select Browser to open URL

Seems like this request has continued since 2014, and a few times 1P mentioned they agreed it would be a handy feature, but unless my topic search isn't revealing a solution, it appears 1P has not implemented this feature.

Since many sites only support a specific browser or two, relying on the default browser setting in Windows or platform currently in use is a less-than-elegant solution that should be easily implemented in 1P.

Suggestions offered:
1. allowing user to select browser to use on "Open & Fill" click vs just using the system default browser. This would be far less annoying than having to manually open the 'correct' browser, and then use extension or copy/paste username + pw. This solution would also help solve the issue with android phone always wanting to use browser within 1P when clicking on Open and Fill - (more often the 1P integrated browser is not nearly as usable as 1P might hope - for exactly this same reason, and the current solution is similar - open desired browser, the copy/paste info).

1. I recognize that adding the browser to the website could have challenges when using various platforms, although that could also be easily managed by adding same website for different browsers, such as "chrome: URL", vs "Safari: URL". If the browser is not identified, then the platform default browser would be used.

Your thoughts (other than the standard 'thanks, but..." excuse / deferral I see for many suggestions)?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise, Win7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Select Browser to open URL

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RogerC!

Since many sites only support a specific browser or two,

Can you please give us some examples of such sites? So far I have not encountered one myself, is this a common event for you?

This discussion has been closed.