Background activity not hinted after unlocking mini app from browser

finwe
finwe
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

In the last week, I noticed a bit annoying behaviour: one of the last betas reset my inactivity lock to a much shorter time (which I kept, because that is a good thing), but as I now have to unlock much more often, a few times really puzzled me, that on sites where I definitely have a login present, the mini app showed up empty.

It took a bit of trial and error to figure out that it's just a very slow response/redraw/update time of the app - sometimes even a few seconds.

This is a little annoying and confusing - there is no indication of activity in the background. At first, I "solved" this by closing the mini window and opening it again. Then I investigated and found out a wait is sufficient, but a wait for a few seconds without any activity indication is a bad thing.

A throbber icon in a corner of the app would help a lot I think. Of course, the best would be not having to wait at all.

1Password Version: 7.4.741
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

Hi @finwe,

Absolutely, we do agree that UX feedback is important here. We are looking into adding some kind of progress indicator to 1Password mini when it unlocks and need to parse data to start doing its job.

Thanks for your feedback!

ref: dev/windows/opw#4469

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Good. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of MikeT, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.