Can't use shortcut key to log into AT&T wireless website

paul7
paul7
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I've noticed this problem with AT&T wireless's website. When I first load up the website (attwireless.com), the textbox for "Wireless Number or Member ID:" is highlighted. While that textbox is highlighted, I am unable to use the shortcut key to log in (command + \). If I tab out of that text box (ie. to go to the password box) or if I click somewhere else on the page, then I can use the shortcut key to log in again. I've noticed this with Safari 4 and now 5.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I see what you are talking about. I always use go and fill to login and would have never noticed this, thanks for bringing it up.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    That particular AT&T web portal is doing some "cutesy" JavaScript to disallow anything but phone number digits in the field. Keyboard shortcuts apparently get disabled by their mechanism. This would seem to be a fairly recent change, as it didn't behave this way about 2 months ago when I last logged in. Unfortunately it seems to be on all their portals as well. Tommy is correct though, that Go & Fill will work just fine on these sites.
  • paul7
    paul7
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Ahh ok. Thanks for checking it out!
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    paul7 wrote:
    Ahh ok. Thanks for checking it out!

You're very welcome!

I did find a partial workaround to their JavaScript. If you use this URL and tab to the password field (or click somewhere outside of the fields) you can then use your keyboard shortcut to select/Fill a Logins. For a keyboard-only user that click is probably not what you want, but it might help others that don't want to use tab (a little something for everyone!).
This discussion has been closed.