2 Factor Authentication Not Working

Options

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eriklove2019 - thanks! One of us should be with you shortly.

ref: YQP-77629-457

• ___Daniel
    ___Daniel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I had the exact same issue. The Authenticator app didn't work although Time was accurate on my iPhone.
    Here is how I fixed it: Turn off and then turn on the "Set Automatically" option in Date & Time in Settings on your iPhone a few times.

Settings >> Date & Time >> Set Automatically >> Turn off and on a few times.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing this solution with us @___Daniel. I am sure other users will find it useful :+1:

• organik
    organik
    Community Member
    Options

Having this same problem, have had it repeatedly.. Only 2fa issues with 1password, and no it's not a time issue.

• @organik

Can you tell us more about your situation? Are you copying the code from the app, and if so, where? Is it filled automatically? What version of 1Password are you using?

• ajakowenko
    ajakowenko
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue starting today. The only site that is not accepting my Microsoft Authenticator app 6 digit code is 1password.com. All others work just fine. I have verified my time is perfectly accurate. I have turned off and on date and time Auto setting 5 times.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajakowenko:

Is this happening on the website, or in one of the 1Password apps? If you could also answer the questions from my colleague ag_tommy in the post above yours, that would be great. Thank you!

• ajakowenko
    ajakowenko
    Community Member
    Options

I am going to 1password.com on my phones browser and logging in. It asks me for my email, secret key, and master password. I go to the 1password app on my phone and log in there with my fingerprint. I get the secret key from the account settings and enter all 3 pieces of information. It then takes me to the next screen on the 1password login page in Chrome browser, where it asks for the 6 digit code from my authenticator app because I have this set up. I go to my Microsoft Authenticator app and open the 1password line item and see the 6 digit code. I want until a new one generates so I have 30 seconds then go back to the 1password browser on my phone and manually type in the 6 digits, at which point it tells me the code is incorrect. No matter how many times I've tried it and synced my phones date and time to be accurate, 1password will not accept my authenticator code. Every other site I have set up in Authenticator works fine and the 6 digit code is accepted. 1password.com is the only site not accepting the code,.so I can no longer get into my account settings.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajakowenko:

Do you get the same error if you try to enter a code on a different device? Have you tried this on something other than your phone?

• ajakowenko
    ajakowenko
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Yes, same error on other devices. I can get all the way to the 6 digit entry screen and it always tells me the code is incorrect. It just won't let me in anymore. So I went into the setting on my phone app and turned off 2 factor completely, which it let me do. So now I can get into my account. I tried to reset up 2FA but when I try to set it up it asks me for the 6 digit code the authenticator app shows but when I enter it it says it's incorrect

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021
    Options

@ajakowenko

We've had reports that, in some cases, an issue arises during the authentication process (e.g. bad connection, accidentally dismissing the prompt, the OS killing 1Password (after switching away from it) where it can get it into a "loop" like what you seem to be describing.

Are you able to login if you open your code generator first and memorize or copy the code before attempting authenticating in 1Password? Please be sure not to switch away from 1Password at the authentication prompt. If you can authenticate this way, that's great. The developers are looking into why this is occurring.

ref: dev/apple/issues#5053

• ajakowenko
    ajakowenko
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I was able to get in that way.

• Great! I am happy to hear it worked.

• svezina
    svezina
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'm having the same problem as "ajakowenko". The problem is that I deleted the 2FA 1Password from the Microsoft Authenticator app. Now, I am trying to re-install but I need a QR code and can't find it. It asks me to go to my profile on an "authorized device" and turn on the 2FA. I am using it on my laptop (Browser Edge) and my Android phone. Where can I find a new QR or key to install the 1Password on Microsoft Authenticor? I can't access to my account anymore, anywhere.

I am a new member of 1Password since Wednesday...

• @svezina

If you're part of a 1Password Business membership your IT team should be able to assist. Otherwise, we'd need to put you in touch with our security team. In that case please reach out to support+security@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password membership.

• svezina
    svezina
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have an indivudual subscription so I will contact the security support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @svezina! After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• svezina
    svezina
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Thank you! Here is the ticket number:

[#IIP-31235-281] 2FA not working - deleted

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@svezina:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will continue the conversation over there.

ref: IIP-31235-281

• svezina
    svezina
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

I received an email from Zak Kaufman from the support dept. - I believe he also looks at it. Just to let you know. I will keep you updated if he resolves it.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Thznk you, ag

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @svezina, understood :+1: I will let you continue the conversation via email then :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @blackxacto :)

• dafi217
    dafi217
    Community Member
    Options

i am unable to enter 2FA code (authy) to sign into 1pwd on my ios device. I have tried resetting automatically setting date/time in iOS settings. Previously, i had turned off 2FA for 1pwd and then set it up again. This same 2FA setup will work with signing into 1pwd on other devices; this same Authy app successfully allows me to sign in to other applications (non 1pwd).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dafi217:

i am unable to enter 2FA code (authy) to sign into 1pwd on my ios device.

What happens exactly when you try to enter your 2FA code on your iOS device?

• dafi217
    dafi217
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana i enter the 2FA code hit enter and the screen reloads and prompts me to put in the 2FA code again. This repeats i think 3 times and then it prompts me that I am in offline mode

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dafi217:

Thank you for the confirmation. I wonder if you are encountering the same bug that my colleague Tommy describe in his reply above. Can you check if that is the case for you too, and if his suggestion helped you too?

• duchy
    duchy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm having the issue with 2FA on my 1password iPhone app. It keeps me asking for code, I tried it several times but it keeps asking again and again. Code works when I signed in to 1Password web perfectly but not for iOS app. What am I doing wrong? I changed the code couple of minutes ago, still not working, keeps asking all the time in the app.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Is there a way to stop receiving further replies on this topic, but not shut off to other topic replies i have participated in.

• Ben
    Options

@duchy

Could you please try disabling 2FA at https://my.1password.com/profile (under More Actions in the left-hand sidebar) in your web browser and see if 1Password for iOS works as expected then?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.