No 2FA Prompt for Namecheap.com

upgrayed
upgrayed
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Mac

Hi everyone,

I found a previous thread here on the support forum where 2FA was not working for Namecheap.com and I followed the steps in that thread. (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/106667/watchtower-does-not-notice-missing-two-factor-authentication-for-adobe-id-angellist-and-namecheap)

I made sure the display name and address matched perfectly to the listing on https://twofactorauth.org. I also verified that the 2FA flag was not present. I then updated Watchtower, but still no 2FA prompt. I then added a "one-time password" field and then updated Watchtower again. I still did not receive a 2FA prompt. I then deleted the entry and recreated it, I still do not receive a 2FA prompt.

Any tips on how to get 2FA working for namecheap.com?

1Password 7
Version 7.4.2 (70402004)
1Password Store

Mac OS Version 10.14.6

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @upgrayed! Welcome to the forum!

I then added a "one-time password" field and then updated Watchtower again. I still did not receive a 2FA prompt.

Just to make sure we are on the same page: if you add a one-time password field to your login item, Watchtower will not show you any prompt about the item, since there is nothing to prompt you about. Indeed, I see from your screenshot that you have included 2FA configuration for your Namecheap login item.

Can you please clarify what prompt you are expecting?

• upgrayed
    upgrayed
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Thanks for clarifying about the one-time password field. It was something that I tried during my troubleshooting and it was removed once I deleted the login and recreated.

My goal is to get the following prmpt so I can configure 2FA on namecheap.com.

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@upgrayed:

You do not need that prompt to configure 2FA for a login. The purple message is just a reminder to enable 2FA for an account, but even if it doesn't appear, you can activate 2FA on Namecheap and use 1Password as your authenticator app for it ;)

• upgrayed
    upgrayed
    Community Member

The entire prompt with the "Scan QR Code" is missing, therefore I cannot configure 2FA for namecheap.com in 1Password. Hope the new screenshots clarify.

Thanks!

Missing Prompt

Current Settings

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@upgrayed:

If you follow the instructions that I linked to in my previous post, you will manage to show the QR code scanner:

• upgrayed
    upgrayed
    Community Member

Thank you! Got it! I didn't realize that I needed to click the small QR code icon.

Cheers!

• On behalf of ag_ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.