Just upgrade to V7 from V6. Updates are not syncing between devices any more

debho
debho
Community Member

Updated both my laptop and iPhone and imported data. Everything appeared to work fine but discovered that updates on one device are not going to the other. Added login on Laptop it didn't update iPhone or online account. Added login on iPhone it did't update the laptop but it did update online. What a mess!! Before I update any more devices I need to get this fixed,

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.3
Sync Type: online
Referrer: forum-search:Updated to V7 and now passwords aren't syncing between devices

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @debho! Welcome to the forum!

Everything appeared to work fine but discovered that updates on one device are not going to the other.

Can you check that you are using the same vaults on both of these devices? What you wrote later suggests a configuration issue:

Added login on Laptop it didn't update iPhone or online account.

For example, this suggests that you are not saving your logins in the correct vault (your 1Password Membership online vault). I suspect you saved it in an old Primary vault instead, which is not synced on 1Password.com, and that's why you don't see it online, or synced to your phone.

Added login on iPhone it did't update the laptop but it did update online.

And this probably means that you are saving items in the correct vault on your phone instead (your Private vault). Unlike your laptop, your phone probably does not have a Primary vault instead.

So to summarize, make sure that your laptop is not using the Primary vault.

• debho
    debho
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestions. My laptop shows that it is using the online membership vault. This gets weirder. If I log into the online membership vault the changes I make there don't get shared to my iPhone or laptop

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020

@debho

Please check the iPhone and laptop configuration. Let us know the results, that will help guide us on the best route to help you.

This discussion has been closed.