To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cancel/delete my account without sign-in password?

shaunpruitt
shaunpruitt
Community Member

Please advise on how to complete, all I have is the master secret key. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cancel my account without password

Comments

• Hi @shaunpruitt

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. If you have access to the email address you used to create your account you should be able to follow the directions here:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• shaunpruitt
    shaunpruitt
    Community Member

The app was no longer on my MacBook so I just re-downloaded from the App Store again only to have to signup for a free trial, which I did. The sign-up generated a new personal vault with no other vaults. I now have two emergency kits, my team kit without a master password and a personal kit with a password. Still no ability to get into my team account through app or web to delete vaults, start over or cancel subscription. So confused. Please help.

• @shaunpruitt

My apologies but I'm not following. None of the process requires the 1Password app at all. If ultimately you can't sign in, deleting your membership will allow you to create a new one. To do so, navigate to this page:

Having Trouble Signing in?

Enter your email address and click 'continue.' If you have any 1Password accounts under the email address you've entered you'll receive an email with a link to verify your email address. Click that link, then follow the on-screen instructions to delete your membership.

Does that help?

Ben

• shaunpruitt
    shaunpruitt
    Community Member

Ok, let's start over. Regardless of where I sign-in for my TEAM account, understanding it can't be recovered by an alternate admin teammate because there are no other people on account and my account is the administrator , how can I delete my account and cancel my subscription without my sign-in password? The message that appears after clicking on the TEAM address states "You're part of a team account and can request a recovery". I then click the "request a recovery" and it takes me to a page stating "Ask your administrator to help you recover your account." Therein lies the problem. I can't ask the administrator to reset my password because I am the admin, nor can I reset on my own?

• Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying. I didn't realize you were trying to delete a 1Password Teams membership. Because of the nature of that action, where under normal circumstances it would affect multiple people, it has to run through our support team. You can request an account deletion link via email to support@1password.com. To be sure we can process your request please email in from the email address associated with the 1Password Teams membership.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.