No more Safari Extension. Now what?

zamboknee
zamboknee
Community Member

Safari 13
1password 7

How do I get 1password to work with my Safari browser now that the extensions have been disabled?

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.01.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @zamboknee

I am not sure what you mean by now that extensions have been disabled? You may be referring to the older 1Password 6 extension. The 1Password 7 extension is now a part of the application. See if this help topic allows you to enable it.

https://support.1password.com/missing-extension-button/

• zamboknee
    zamboknee
    Community Member

Not able to download the extension.

• @zamboknee

You would not need to download the extension. It's bundled with the application, and if you have 1Password 7 installed, it will be included. Perhaps you're saying you cannot download the application? Based on your screenshot, I believe that's the case.

Where are you trying to download the application? Which store to be precise? Your screenshot appears to be from the Mac App Store.

The more information you can give us, the better we'll be able to assist you. :)

• @zamboknee

Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• zamboknee
    zamboknee
    Community Member

@Ben That worked!

Quick final question: What happened to my extension in the first place? It WAS working and there but disappeared. Thoughts?

Thank you very much.

• That worked!

Glad to hear it. :)

What happened to my extension in the first place? It WAS working and there but disappeared. Thoughts?

That's a great question that unfortunately I'm not sure I can answer. Without knowing what was happening on your system at the time the extension disappeared it'd be impossible to say. If I had to guess though I'd suspect:

1. A conflict with another extension
    2. An update, either to Safari or 1Password
    3. Gremlins

If the problem reoccurs I think the best thing would be to grab a diagnostic report as soon as you notice it. These reports are "snapshots in time," if you will, so they don't really help us much if the problem isn't actively occurring / having just occurred at the time the report is generated, but if the timing is right sometimes they can point us to what the source of the problem is. You can find instructions for generating a report here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread
    • Your forum username

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• emiron
    emiron
    Community Member

I have the same problem. After following the above steps, 1Password extension appears in Preferences>Extensions and is enabled. But the icon does not appear in customize toolbar. This is the reply I received from the BitBot Assistant: [#AAD-67863-793]

• emiron
    emiron
    Community Member

Never mind. A second restart solved the problem.

• Thanks for the update @emiron. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.