We like 1password! But we must make a local copy of the data. How can we do this?

we like 1password very much and use it in poc already! But for compliance reasons we must do a automated local backup every day. So how can we do this?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Backup

Comments

• Hi @StefanMiesem

The short answer is that you can't make an offline backup. The longer answer is that 1Password does already automatically cache your data for offline access. You can test this by disconnecting from the internet and then unlocking 1Password. It is also possible to export your data (excepting Documents), however this is not a backup. Exports are not encrypted. Additionally there are online backups of your data made regularly, which you can read more about here:

Lastly I'll mention that we do have some ideas bouncing around for true offline encrypted backups. The biggest challenge of this is providing a mechanism to restore those backups. Backups are only as good as the restoration process. I can't make any specific promises at this point, but it is something we recognize there is a demand for.

I hope that helps explain the current situation as well as the direction we're looking for the future. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.