I'm confused by the presence of a "Primary" vault 'On Dropbox' and a 1Password vault "On my iphone"

drman
drman
Community Member

Dear 1Password team,

Everything is working great. Great product. But I was just poking around my 1Password app on my iPhone (Xr)
I believe I see that the app is Version 7.4.4.
In the app > Settings > Vaults I see my "Personal" vault along with the several others I've created. All these work great and perfectly correlated with the vaults I see on my desktop app and when I log into 1Password online.

When I scroll down, below the "New Vault" button, I see the following:
1st: "On My iPhone" : 1Password
2nd: "On Drobbox": Primary

When I click on the first, I see
Start Syncing >
Items 272
Delete Vault

When I click on the second, I see:
Primary Vault > Sync Service > Dropbox
Sync Now
Last Sync >> shows elapsed time <<
Items 0
Delete Vault << This is grayed out.

I'm confused by the presence of both and am wondering what they mean and if I can/should get rid of one of them.

Thank you in advance for any clarity you can bring to this.
Let me know if I need to provide more info.

~ Dave

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: 7.4.4
OS Version: iOS 13.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox (I think)
Referrer: forum-search:I'm confused by the presence of a "Primary" vault 'On Dropbox' and a 1Password vault "On my iphone"

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

Hi @drman!

I'm confused by the presence of both and am wondering what they mean and if I can/should get rid of one of them.

These two vaults are stored outside of 1Password.com. When you have a 1Password Membership, we recommend only using vaults inside your 1Password account, to avoid confusion. It looks like you created two external vaults however:

• Primary only exists on your iPhone
    • 1Password is empty, and synced with Dropbox

If all your data is inside your other vaults already, and you don't need these two vaults, you can remove them :)

• drman
    drman
    Community Member

Dear Ag_ana,

I a follow-up question because I am not succeeding in removing the "Primary Vault" listed as "ON DROPBOX"
    When I select "Delete Vault" (in red text) I am prompted for my master password. When I enter my master password, the action fails.

Now, I am assuming that my master password is the same password that I use to unlock the 1Password app and to log into https://my.1password.com/home. Is that assumption incorrect?

Thank you for your assistance thus far,
    Dave

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2020

@drman

That is usually the case, but not always. If you log in at https://my.1password.com/ is all of your data there? If so then at this point I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password for iOS, and then logging in to your account:

1Password for iOS on the App Store

That will remove all of the extraneous vaults. I would also suggest checking your other devices. When using 1Password.com you shouldn't have a "Primary" vault anywhere. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• drman
    drman
    Community Member

Thank you both for your prompt and very helpful responses!
    Fabulous customer support :) <3

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lmnoTechGuy:

On behalf of Ben too, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.