Apple store version on desktop mac, agile bits store version on my mac book. Is this a problem?

CaptainSlocum
CaptainSlocum
Community Member

Just noticed that somehow I have the Apple store version (7.4.1) on desktop mac (10.15.2) but the Agile Bits store version (7.4.2) on my Mac book (10.15.2). Is this a problem? Should I convert them to be the same? If so how? And which is best? I have tried to search for this problem on this forum, but links as how to convert all eventually lead to a 404 page not found.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:apple store version on desktop mac, agile bits store version on my mac book. Is this a problem?

Comments

• @CaptainSlocum,

It would only be a problem if you don't have a 1Password.com membership as the Apple Store Version doesn't have a standalone purchase option.

You could certainly continue using the different versions on the two machines. Their data directories are identical, so switching between the two versions on one of the machines would be: drag the .app to the trash, install the other version.

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply rudy. But I still have concerns. I have logged in to 1 Password and see I have the single membership since Dec 7 2016. My credit card is shown as current. Last invoice was for 7 Dec 2019, but no money has been taken for 2020. When I go into my Apple store account I see I have had 1Password 7 from there since 25 April 2019, but when I look at the subscriptions there are none for 1Password. I am really confused now! I don't want to be frozen out because the agile bits site thinks I haven't paid and the Apple app store thinks I haven't paid when 25th April comes around.

My preference would be for my Mac Book to be the same as my iMac, ie from the Apple store, but I don't mind too much either way. If I trash the agile store app on the Mac Book and download the Apple app store version, will I get prompted to pay another year's subs on April 25? Is there a way I can make it a recurring sub on the Apple store or can I only do that with the agile store version?

• @CaptainSlocum,

If you look at your invoice from 7 Dec, 2019 you should see that its for 7 Dec, 2019 through 7 Dec 2020. Its not an Apple subscription so that would be why it doesn't show up there.

25 April 2019 is most likely when you downloaded the App Store version, as long as you didn't sign up for an Apple subscription inside that version I believe you should be ok at this point. The fact that you state iTunes/Apple shows no 1Password subscriptions makes me think that this is the case here, but definitely write in to our support email if you are being charged through an Apple subscription directly in addition to your direct subscription.

Its entirely fine and workable to use your direct-payment subscription in the App Store version, or the Agile Store version of the application. You just wouldn't be able to use an Apple Subscription in the Agile Store version.

You just need to sign into your existing account in whichever app you end up using, Agile store or Apple store.

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Thanks rudy, that's very clear.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of rudy, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.