Unable to log into my 1password on computers with multiple user accounts

I'm the "goto" IT guy at home, so I have my own account set up on every computer. I have tried several times to load and log on it my 1password vault using my account under my user id on computers with multiple accounts. On my computer, where there is only my account, 1password works without issue. On the other computers I go so far as to open a text editor, type out my password and paste it in (just in case there is something weird going on). Nothing seems to work. I have read several posts that make it quite clear that having multiple accounts on a PC, each with there own 1password, is something that is quite doable. (unless I am reading what I want to see). All systems are Windows 10. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ramac34,

Thanks for reporting this.

1. Do you have different 1Password memberships or are these different family or team member accounts of the same 1Password membership? If the former, do they all have the same sign-in and email addresses?
    2. Are you trying to sign in to multiple 1Password accounts from the same 1Password membership?

We don't support multiple accounts within the same 1Password membership but you can sign in to different 1Password accounts as long as they're not the same membership.

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member

I am using the family version and yes it would be within the same membership but everybody has there own unique login including their emails.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ramac34,

Multiple accounts within the same family account are not supported in one app. Could you please point us to the posts about multiple accounts that you read?

Also, please tell us how many accounts you want to use on the one computer. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.