Unlock doesn't work after updating to 7.4.741 Beta

Comments

• Chapell
    Chapell
    Community Member

Hey, since the 7.4.741 Beta 1Password does not accept my Master Password and does not let me in. Unfortunately, going back to the stable does not work as it says my 1Password data is not compatible. The webapp works correctly.

• Hi @Chapell,

Thanks for reporting this.

You suddenly cannot unlock after the specific update to 741 only, it worked fine in 7.4 beta builds 738 and 740?

Do you see red 1Password icon or it is not responding at all?

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

Hi @Chapell,

Do you use any international symbols in your master password? Don't tell us what it is here, just confirm it for me.

• Chapell
    Chapell
    Community Member

Yeah it actually contains non-English accented characters. When I enter it it shows the red 1Password lock icon like I entered it incorrectly.

• VELR
    VELR
    Community Member

I get the same trouble. The password with special characters from other languages is no longer recognized. There is no specific error message.

• Hi guys,

Thank you for confirming that!

We're able to reproduce the international symbols issue within 1Password 7.4 beta builds; we're working on it and will get this fixed for the next beta build.

For now, you can change the master password to remove the symbols and it should unlock properly. You'll have to reset to sign in again with the new master password.

You can also downgrade to 7.3 if you want but 1Password 7.3 cannot read 1Password 7.4 data folder, so you'd have to reset here as well. Make sure you disable beta updates until we release the next beta update. I'll update here when that happens.

• Hi @chapell and @VELR,

Can you give 1Password 7.4.747 Beta 4 a try and let me know if it is working better with your special characters now?

• VELR
    VELR
    Community Member

@MikeT
    It's working for me, thank you!

• That's great to hear, thanks for reporting this!

This discussion has been closed.