1Password for Mac - App Store

Options
gussic
gussic
Community Member

Just wondering when the latest version of 1Password that includes support for Brave Browser extension(s) will be released on the Mac App Store? It's been quite a while since the last update (3 months).

I appreciate it's been the Christmas period etc, but the glacial pace of updates over the past few months is a bit frustrating to be honest.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @gussic,

I'm not sure I follow. The support for the current incarnation of Brave has been in the App Store, as well as our Web Site version for nearly 2 years now...

As for the pace of updates, those are not on a forced artificial release schedule, we release when we feel our changes are appropriately stable/complete.

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry. That’s my fault. I did mean to say Edge. Not brave. @rudy

• @gussic,

The AppStore version should ship soon, it has already been submitted and approved by Apple. The WebStore version already has been released. (switching between the two versions no longer involves any gymnastics, you can drag one .app to the Trash and install & launch the other version directly).

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah. I just prefer to use the Mac App Store one. It is easier from an updates PoV. Particularly on bandwidth limited clients where we can take advantage of macOS’s content caching system.

I appreciate you don’t ship to an artificial schedule, but the recent pace has been slow.

Is there a way to communicate things you are THINKING of doing as a way to combat people’s thoughts that nothing is really changing / progressing ?

• @gussic,

We post betas as they are ready, https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7#beta And just because a beta might not have a ton of things listed under it doesn't mean that we're not working on anything. I have several extremely large sets of code changes that are in process right now.

This discussion has been closed.