1Password for Windows has some duplicate keys for mapping keyboard shortcuts [Not duplicates]

Options
sheldonh
sheldonh
Community Member
edited February 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Couldn't get the shortcuts to work for a while. I revisited today and noticed in the drop down some duplicate characters. When switching over to the other / value it worked. Apparently, the other keyboard forward slash was not the same and therefore not allowing the launch. Duplicate Key

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Hi @sheldonh,

Thanks for writing in.

These are not duplicate keys and are intentional due to how Windows call them. In this case, you have \ on both side of the keyboards, they're treated differently by Windows (left \ or right \) but Windows only returns \ to us for both keys.

There isn't anything we can find to make it show up differently and forcing the strings in there isn't a good idea since they can be different on different international keyboards.

• sheldonh
    sheldonh
    Community Member
    Options

I've never seen backslash on boths sides of the keyboard. Did you mean forward slash (for the number pad backslash vs the one next to shift?

• MikeT
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi @sheldonh,

That is an example, yes, forward slash is duplicated on the same keyboard with the numpad having / on top, they're not the same key, they have completely different key codes. When I said left/right, I mean the first and second occurrence. Control, Alt, Shift are commonly located on both sides for an another example, they're also different.

This is the list of keys that Windows say is available to use, it is not saying that's what you have on the keyboard. It does not filter out keys that is not available, it doesn't know that.

This discussion has been closed.