Bug report: Disappearing search bar

helmas
helmas
Community Member

Hi,

I've encountered some unexpected behaviour, although it could entirely be pilot error! (Apologies in advance if it is just me)

Environment
Version details below.

Vaults
1 x Dropbox
2 x 1PW.com

Summary
The Search box in the Categories view does not display after "All Vaults" are reinstated following a search.

Steps to reproduce
1. Go to Settings / Vaults / All Vaults and ensure at least one vault is selected/active
2. Switch to the Categories view and enter a search term (result is irrelevant)
3. Switch back to Settings / Vaults / All Vaults, and then uncheck every vault (so no vaults are active)
4. Switch back to Categories view - search bar disappears and can't be accessed

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but would be good to get confirmation on this.

thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3.1
Sync Type: 1Password & Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @helmas

Thanks for the report. I'm unclear in this scenario what the expectation is. With every vault unchecked from the All Vaults view, when you're in the All Vaults view, what are you expecting to be able to search? I think if there is a bug here it may be that we allow every vault to be unchecked from All Vaults.

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• helmas
    helmas
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

Apologies - I missed some final steps in the procedure.

1. Switch back to Setting / Vaults / All Vaults, and then reactivate at least one vault
    2. Switching back to Categories view, the search bar is still missing

My point here is that deactivating all vaults seems to confuse the search bar.

My expectation is that search bar should never disappear like that, and certainly not after vaults have been re-selected under All Vaults.

However I do agree with your suggestion that there should always be at least one vault selected.

Hope that makes more sense.

• tony
  • Thanks Tony. I'll follow up with our development team and see what they think. :)

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4576

This discussion has been closed.