1Password 7 requiring master password when it shouldn't

joeyconnick
joeyconnick
Community Member

Just switched to 1Password 7 (7.4.2.BETA-3) on macOS Catalina.

I've noticed twice now 1Password has asked for my master password when I have the following settings enabled:

This is after already unlocking 1Password and not having been fast user switching... or doing anything other than closing the lid on my MacBook Air.

Any idea what this is? Seems like it really isn't obeying the settings as listed.

1Password Version: 7.4.2.BETA-3 (70402003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 requiring master password when it shouldn't

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joeyconnick!

Is this happening in the 1Password desktop app, or in the browser extension (or both)?

• joeyconnick
    joeyconnick
    Community Member

Both. It's as if I've done something that triggers it to lock. I'll go to the browser extension first and it'll ask for my master password. If I leave it as is (i.e. don't fill in the master password) and then check the desktop app, it also asks me for my master password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@joeyconnick:

Can you please let us know what version of the 1Password browser extension you are currently using?

• joeyconnick
    joeyconnick
    Community Member

sure: 4.7.5.90

• joeyconnick
    joeyconnick
    Community Member

Hi... still doing it, would appreciate any guidance or help you can provide 🙂

• @joeyconnick,

I think we'd need to look at a Diagnostics Report, as the only known issue that would cause errant lock is 1Password X, but you indicate that you're using 4.7.5.90, which isn't 1Password X.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020

@joeyconnick

Please create a diagnostics report, use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. joeyconnick
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110916/1password-7-requiring-master-password-when-it-shouldnt

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format, please send the entire file to support@1Password.com
      Once we receive the report we will be in a better position to assist you.

Once you submit the report, please post the ticket id, that will be returned to you via our autoresponder.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

Hi - I am having the same problem. My master password is required every time I launch 1Password, and the ability to select allow touch ID in preferences is now grayed out. I've done all the obvious things - rebooted mac, completely quit 1P. My settings require the master password every 2 weeks. Today it's been four times so far.
    Thanks!

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.3.BETA-0 (70403000)
    1Password Beta

Mac
    10.15.3 (19D76)

• Hey @iamecho

Can you try:
    1. Disabling System Preferences > Touch ID option for "Unlocking your Mac"
    2. reboot
    3. Enable System Preferences > Touch ID option for "Unlocking your Mac"

Are the 1Password preferences now active and selectable?

If not please try enrolling a new fingerprint.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@ag_tommy That worked. Thanks for the quick response!

• Glad to help!

This discussion has been closed.