error when setting up with Titan NFC key

Options
D. Archibald Smart
D. Archibald Smart
Community Member

Howdy. I am having an issue with iOS and my Titan key. I set up the key in Chrome, and it seemed to go fine. Then I logged out of my 1password account on iPhone and quit the app.
Relaunched, and 1Password found my account.
Screenshot 1. Entered my master password
Screenshot 2. Prompted to use an additional authentication method
Screenshot 3. A quick "Success" dialogue
Screenshot 4. "A Problem with your sign in...."

As it stands, I can't use the app on IOS. I guess I have to disable the keys for now.

1Password Version: whatever the latest IOS version is
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: whatever the latest IOS version is
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:fido

Comments

• @D. Archibald Smart,

The iOS app doesn't support anything other than the YubiKey 5Ci and other NFC based YubiKey at this time.

• D. Archibald Smart
    Options

So I am out of luck?

• Ben
    Options

@D. Archibald Smart

Correct; from the documentation:

You can use your security key as a second factor for your 1Password account:

• on 1Password.com
    • on your iPhone or iPad with a Lightning port (YubiKey 5Ci required)

(emphasis mine)

You would need a YubiKey 5Ci for 1Password on iOS. You can use a Titan key with 1Password.com in a supported web browser, and fall back to TOTP for iOS, if you don't want to be in the position of buying multiple keys. At the moment, for many people, there isn't a single key that can be purchased that'll work across all of their devices.

Also note that for 1Password MFA is only involved for device authorization, not for unlocking, so you only generally need to use MFA once per device. Personally I'd find it difficult to justify purchasing a U2F key if that were my only use for it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.