What emails are best to send invitations to?

Howdy good folks,

Have just signed up for a Teams account and am kicking around what is the best email addresses to send invites to. All our team members have a common email domain, but some of them may have 1Password accounts already using a different email address. I'm leaning towards sending to their existing 1Password email address (if they have one), but wanted to canvas opinions on whether this is goodness.

If they already have a 1Password account using an external email address, are there any downsides? It seems like if they leave our team, we can just remove their access and we're done, right?

Alternatively, if we only invite them using email addresses for our domain name can they have multiple vaults on their laptop/devices that belong to different userids (ie. our team + whatever personal vaults they may have whether they be local or from the cloud)?

Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, awesome product...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2020

Hi @edwardaux

Great question, thanks for taking the time to ask. :)

We generally recommend using business email addresses for business accounts and personal email addresses for personal accounts. There is no real benefit to having all of their 1Password accounts under the same email address and in fact that may cause additional confusion when glancing at their account listing. By using their business email address it should be obvious that is for the business account.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope that helps.

Ben

• edwardaux
    edwardaux
    Community Member

Thanks for your feedback Ben.

Sending to business emails would also work for us. Can I just confirm one thing? On a user's laptop, if they've already got 1Password setup using their personal account (whether they're accessing local vaults or cloud ones), once I invite them to their business account, the 1Password app will happily contain multiple vaults that belong to different email addresses?

Thanks.

• That is correct. :)

Ben

• edwardaux
    edwardaux
    Community Member

awesome. thanks so much for your counsel

• You're very welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.