Read only

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password read only.

Comments

• jajasrmca
    jajasrmca
    Community Member

i get read only. i have trial version and the subscription is active

• Hi @jajasrmca

Have you signed into your 1Password account within the 1Password app?

Ben

• jajasrmca
    jajasrmca
    Community Member

i open the app
    type in password and gives me read only

• @jajasrmca

If you open 1Password > Preferences > Accounts is your account listed there, or is it blank? If your account is not listed there you'd need to add it.

Please let me know.

Ben

• jajasrmca
    jajasrmca
    Community Member

i see no preference button . is there anyone i can speak to . i appreciate your help but your 3rd rep i have dealt with any i cant find on my 1password any item you have said for me to look for.

• jajasrmca
    jajasrmca
    Community Member

now iam getting this error id opw-db-711

• @jajasrmca

My apologies. You didn't mention you were using 1Password for Windows. This thread is about 1Password for Mac. I'll get you over to our Windows folks who will have better specifics as to how to accomplish this with our Windows application. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ben

• @jajasrmca

I spoke with one of my colleagues on the Windows team and they indicated this error typically occurs as a result of installing the 1Password v7.4 beta and then reverting to v7.3. To resolve the error please try this:

1. Close 1Password if it is running by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in the notification area and select "Exit"
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    3. Rename the data folder to backup-data
    4. Open 1Password

Ben

This discussion has been closed.