Master Password not working. Has not been changed.

Options
eightyk
eightyk
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Mac

I cannot log onto my account because it says my Master Password is incorrect. It is not. It is the same one I have always used. Can log onto account with iPhone with touch recognition.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eightyk! Welcome to the forum!

Is this happening in a 1Password app, or on the 1Password.com website?

• eightyk
    eightyk
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening on both.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eightyk:

I am sorry to hear about this. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

• eightyk
    eightyk
    Community Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

I know you cannot reset my password, but I have had the same password for years and I know I am entering the correct one. Is there no scenario where something could be messed up on the backend that is causing my master password not to work? Is there any log kept that shows a password was changed?
    I have my master password written down in my emergency kit--my credentials are correct--but it is not working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020
    Options

@eightyk:

We will be happy to help you with this. I encourage you to reach out to us via email at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can continue helping there without sharing any personal information. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.