CSV import does not give an option for bank accounts.

pdavis
pdavis
Community Member

The sample csv field definitions are only for login and credit card accounts. Also, the import tool does not list that as an option. I need need to be able to import bank account information. I can find the field names, but they don't work with the available import options.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Csv import does not give option for bank accounts.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pdavis! Welcome to the forum!

Where are you importing this data from?

• pdavis
    pdavis
    Community Member

A csv file created from a spreadsheet. I found the field names associated with the bank type and used those, but inporting the data left the fields blank. Here is a dummy record.

Type,Title,URL,Username,Password,bank name(bankName),name on account(owner),type(type),routing number(routingNo),account number(accountNo),pin,Notes
    Bank,MyBigBank,https://mybigbank.com,First Last,mylongpassword,MyBigBank,My name on account,checking,99990000,12345-9,5555,This is a note

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pdavis:

A csv file created from a spreadsheet.

Thank you for the confirmation. 1Password supports importing from these apps and services.

If you want to import data manually from a custom CSV file, 1Password only supports login, credit card, software license and secure note items. I am afraid that bank accounts are not a supported item type when it comes to manual import.

• pdavis
    pdavis
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification. It would seem to be simple to add this as one of the options in a future release.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@pdavis

You can use the csv converter in the converter suite to get your Bank Account records converted from CSV and imported into 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.