Differences between 'Account/IDs' and 'Mail Account'?

Hi,
I'm trying 1Password because I'm a bit annoyed about Keepass yet. I'm using multiple devices and I need to copy the .KBDX each time I make a change and, because of that, I lost some credentials. Anyways...

Actually, I created about 300 credentials in 1Password, but I need some help about differences between 'Mail Cred' and 'IDs'. I explain.
For connecting to GMail, if i only create an 'ID Cred', when I go to the login page, my credential is working but... if it is a 'Mail Cred', the credential is not working/showed.

I tried many combinations... in vain (with no success, huh!).
Even if i put the 'Supplier Website' to URL... So, I have to create new simple creds if I want them to work; and delete all the 'Mail Account' creds.

It's really annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0 (Edge Chromium Stable)
OS Version: Windows 10 LTSB 2016
Sync Type: Directly through 1Password site

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

Hi @cbeitel,

Thanks for writing in.

Only the Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities are fillable item categories. So, if you're planning to fill something via a website in the future, it is best to default to using Logins for that.

Email template isn't fillable because you usually do not enter the IMAP settings on a website, you usually do it in an email client.

Being able to use any category to fill is something we're considering but it is hard to do it with any accuracy because there's no easy way to map each field correctly, that's why we have three default fillable templates with common fields. As we're continuing to invest in machine learning, we might be able to do just that.

• cbeitel
    cbeitel
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

Thanks for the reply.
    Ok, I better understand what are these features differencies. So I have to create logins credentials.

Thanks

C.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.