Autofill enters an old password even though the current password has been changed

AndyF63
AndyF63
Community Member

I'm using 1Password latest version on a MacBook Pro 2019 with latest macOS. I changed my password for a website, but the autofill feature continues to enter the old password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill enters an old password even though the current password has been changed

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndyF63! Welcome to the forum!

If you open this item inside 1Password and choose to reveal its password, do you see the correct one?

• AndyF63
    AndyF63
    Community Member

Yes, the latest password shows correctly, so I have to copy and paste rather than use auto fill.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AndyF63:

If you search for your old password inside your 1Password app, do you see more than 1Password item show up in the list of results?

• AndyF63
    AndyF63
    Community Member

Yes, the latest password shows correctly, so I have to copy and paste rather than use auto fill.

No. The only place the old password shows up is in previously used passwords for this website.

• AndyF63
    AndyF63
    Community Member

No. The only place the old password shows up is in previously used passwords for this website.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AndyF63:

Thank you for the confirmation. If 1Password does not have the old password, it means that the old password must be stored in your browser, and it's your browser that is entering the wrong one. I could not reproduce this in my testing, so I would like to ask you some specific information about your system to see where things might be different on your machine:

• What version of 1Password are you running?
    • What version of the 1Password browser extension?
    • What browser is this happening with?
    • What exact macOS version are you on right now?
    • Do you have Chrome password autofill enabled? If you do, can you try disabling the built-in password manager in your browser and see if this keeps happening to you?
This discussion has been closed.