Creating a login from the iOS app

antipole
antipole
Community Member

If I sign up for an account somewhere on an iOS device, I find it tedious to get the details onto 1Password. Obviously it cannot work as smoothly as with a desktop browser with extensions.
At present, I have to think of a password, because there is no password generator in the iOS app, and then save it somewhere to add to 1password later.
How should I be doing this?
Since the iOS 1Password app can open a browser window for existing logins, could it not also open one for a new URL and save the login?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @antipole,

If the site/app where you're creating this account on the iOS device has the ability to use the AutoFill extension then that would be the recommendation here. You would tap the Passwords… button in the keyboard's QuickType bar, and then 1Password… There is a big button at the top of the AutoFill UI that says "Create Login". Tapping that will create a new login item, that will include the url for the site/app (if available), your desired username as typed and a generated password. Hitting save at this point should do two things, save that login to 1Password and fill the username and password into the page/app that you were interacting with.

• antipole
    antipole
    Community Member

Thanks - I had not realised I could set up a new login that way!

• On behalf of Rudy you're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.