Every time there is an update to 1Password 7 on my Mac, the mini is unresponsive.

jkory
jkory
Community Member

I've tried re-installing 1 Password, re-downloading the safari extension, and noting happens. I do not even get an error message. Happens EVERY TIME there is an update.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:mini won't open

Comments

• Hi @jkory

How are you re-downloading the Safari extension? That may actually be the source of the difficulty here... could you please walk us through what steps you're taking to do that?

Ben

• jkory
    jkory
    Community Member

Apparently, I tried everything except shutting down the computer. Just did that and it is now working! But it still happens every time there is an update! I can usually tell there has been an update the I try to use the mini and it won't open. I then go to Safari extensions and click on 1 Password. If that doesn't work, I try re-downloading 1P.

• @jkory,

Thanks for the update. The next time this happens please try these steps:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Hopefully that'll prevent the issue from occurring again.

Ben

• jkory
    jkory
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, I've saved this and will try next time. It now seems I have another problem - my iPhone does not seem to be syncing. I have my Mac set to sync with dropbox. I show 463 passwords etc on my Mac, only 340 on my iPhone. Mac shows last sync 8 min. ago, so must be phone issue. I've looked in 1 P Settings on my phone and don't see a sync option. Help please.

• @jkory

It sounds like you have a 1Password membership set up on the phone, but are not using that membership on the Mac. Dropbox is uninvolved when using a membership. If you look in 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts, do you see an account listed? If so you'll want to add that same account on your Mac.

Ben

• jkory
    jkory
    Community Member

Just tried that, am signed in on phone, found all sign-in details, signed in on Mac, said "Already signed in". So I just turned off the sync and it seems to have worked. Again, THANKS!

• Thanks @jkory. Just to be sure things continue to work... could you please check each device for the presence of a vault called Primary? There should not be one. If there is, we should address that. :)

Ben

• jkory
    jkory
    Community Member

You are right, there is a "Primary" vault on my Mac in addition to "Personal", also shows something called "New Personal" on Dropbox that mirrors "Primary", not Personal, and on iPhone, only one vault, which is "Personal". Would appreciate your help in cleaning this up.

• If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ do you see a complete representation of your data? If so then I would suggest the next step would be to reset 1Password for Mac, which will remove the Primary and New Personal vaults, leaving you with Personal. To do that, select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. When 1Password for Mac re-launches it'll be just as if it were the first time you had installed it. From there select the option to log in to your 1Password.com account. That should put you in good shape.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• jkory
    jkory
    Community Member

Thanks again, done and it is now fine.

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.