1Password 6 to7 update using 60GB memory. MAC stops. No access to passwords.

eltel
eltel
Community Member

I have just tried to upgrade from 1PW6 to 1PW7 (standalone licence) downloaded from the website. When I enter my master password after about 20 seconds I get an out of memory message showing 61 GB of virtual memory in use. I have not got as far as purchasing the licence. I now have no access to my passwords as I can't open 1Pw6 anymore.

Brand new iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, 870 GB free disk space.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Wi Fi
Referrer: forum-search:1password7 memory

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eltel!

When I enter my master password after about 20 seconds I get an out of memory message showing 61 GB of virtual memory in use.

Is this coming from 1Password 6 or from 1Password 7?

I now have no access to my passwords as I can't open 1Pw6 anymore.

Are you able to to open 1Password 7 instead?

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

Hi thanks for your reply.

This is coming from 1PW 7 after the upgrade; looking in the MAC activity Monitor as soon as I enter my master password the memory usage gradually increments in about 6GB steps every 4-5 seconds from 167 Mb up to 61 GB when I get the warnings, and it is then unuseable. I can't get to buy a licence, I can no longer open 1PW 6 after the upgrade, there is no app just a 1PW6.app.zip file in the Applications folder.

• I'm sorry to hear about this situation. So that we can dig deeper please send us a process sample and a diagnostic report. To create a diagnostic report from your Mac, see these instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

To generate the process sample:

1. Open the Activity Monitor application (you can use Spotlight to find it) and search for "1Password 7"
    2. Select 1Password 7 in the list and choose "Sample Process" from the Gear icon in the toolbar.
    3. When it is finished, save the sample to a file.

Attach the diagnostics and sample to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111271/1password-6-to7-update-using-60gb-memory-mac-stops-no-access-to-passwords#latest
    • Your forum username: eltel

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Ben

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, created but Gmail won't allow the attachments, not sure whetehr its the .txt or the .zip?

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

@Ben

Now resent using Google Drive. Support ref is [#TXX-61223-511]

Thanks

• Thanks @eltel, but you sent us the diagnostic utility that you downloaded from our website, rather than the report the utility generates (which is why Gmail complained). Could you please open the utility, generate the report, and then attach that report to a reply to that email thread?

Thanks!

Ben

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

@Ben

Sorry - brain fail. Resent in reponse to the last email I received from you with ref number included

• Thanks @eltel. Got it now. I'm going to reach out to our development team for them to review. :) We'll continue via email.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.