What happened to the 1Password update on my Mac?

kohls
kohls
Community Member

Got a notice in the App Store on my Mac to update 1Password. Went to update, but it would not complete, so I shut down my computer. This morning there was a notice on my screen to finish the update so I opened 1Password and got another notice that said I needed to quit 1Password, which I did. Then I got a notice that the update could not be completed. When I opened the App Store, the option to update was no longer there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Update on Mac disappeared

Comments

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.2 (70402005)
    Mac App Store
    OS Catalina

• @kohls

It sounds as if the mini process is running in the menubar, prohibiting the update.

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely using ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Update from the Mac App Store.

Please let us know how it goes.

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

Still no 1Password update option in the App Store.

• Ganzo
    Ganzo
    Community Member

The same is happening to me. macOSX 10.15.3, 1Password 7.4.1, macbook pro. I don't even have 1password running when it tells me to close the app in order to update. It says it can't be updated now and try again later, which I've attempted 5 times with the same non-result.
    The app store has the update but it won't complete the action.

• I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the App Store. To get the latest version of 1Password installed please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

If I do this, will I lose my data?

• @kohls

Not if you don't use a cleaner app that deletes your data (see step 3).

Ben

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

Will it still sync with 1Password on my iPhone?

• @kohls

Yes, this only affects the app itself, not your data or settings. It certainly wouldn't hurt to verify, though.

Ben

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

Is this the latest version of 1Password for my Mac running Catalina?

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.2 (70402005)
    Mac App Store

• @kohls

Yes, 7.4.2 is (as of writing) the latest version of 1Password for Mac. There were some issues discovered with the Mac App Store for this version though, and that's why I recommended downloading from our website in the instructions I provided above.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

It seems to be working properly, so I think I will just leave it alone for now. Thanks.

• Fair enough. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.