Why are website logins that I create on the iMac appearing in the Credit Card category?

Options
nomoregrays
nomoregrays
Community Member

Since upgrading to the latest version of 1Password, I've noticed that some of the logins that I created on the iMac are not appearing on my iOS devices. On closer observation, I've found at least 1 of the logins in the Credit Card category. How is this happening and how do I move the entry to the correct category?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:website login appearing in credit card area

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @nomoregrays! I"m sorry for the confusion. I'm also surprised, since there's literally no mechanism within 1Password to save a website Login item as a Credit Card item instead. You can save a Credit Card item in 1Password, and you can use 1Password to fill Credit Card items that you've saved, but if you're on a website's Login page and enter your uername and password, it won't be saved as anything but a Login item. To extrapolate a bit, the reason I'm sure this doesn't happen is that we don't even have a means to "transfer" an item from one Category (like Credit Card) to another Category (like Login or Passport or the like). What makes you think this happened?

• nomoregrays
    nomoregrays
    Community Member
    Options

i may be mistaken about the login being in the credit card category, but i know that there are a couple of logins that appear on the computer, but not on the tablet or phone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nomoregrays:

Do you perhaps have different 1Password vaults on your computer, compared to your tablet of phone?

• nomoregrays
    nomoregrays
    Community Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

i may be mistaken about the login being in the credit card category, but i know that there are a couple of logins that appear on the computer, but not on the tablet or phone. there should only be one vault. i did not intentionally create a second vault.

[screenshot removed to protect private information]

this is why i thought the login was in the credit card category.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nomoregrays:

What do you see if you open 1Password Preferences > Vaults tab on your Mac?

Is it the same list of vaults that you see if you open 1Password Settings > Vaults on your tablet or phone?

• nomoregrays
    nomoregrays
    Community Member
    Options

there is only the primary vault on both devices

• Ben
    Options

@nomoregrays

In that case it sounds like one or more of the devices does not have 1Password set to sync the Primary vault. You can find instructions on syncing here:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

• nomoregrays
    nomoregrays
    Community Member
    Options

everything is synched in iCloud

• Ben
    Options

Evidently not. :) Please try each of the steps in this troubleshooting guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

Ben

This discussion has been closed.