BUG: folder sync got disabled after some upgrade

Options
411pass
411pass
Community Member

I use the standalone local version and before you suggest it, let me say I am not interested in the cloud service.

I have 2 vaults both set to sync with a local folder. It has been working OK for a while. I recently discovered that after some upgrade (don't know exactly when) the sync options for both vaults got set to "None". I don't know what happened, but this is concerning, it makes me question the reliability of 1Password and the safety of my passwords if the app can change settings on me without clear warnings and confirmation on my part.

For others: if you rely on Folder sync, check your settings and make sure it's still enabled and works as expected.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @411pass. We'll keep an eye out for further reports of this. For what it's worth, Folder Sync by itself is not a sync solution, and we don't recommend trying to use it as one.

Ben

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member
    Options

I know it is not, the folder then gets backed up somewhere else. I use it for backup purposes in a different format and for importing from it into a different password manager.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the clarification :+1:

This discussion has been closed.