Why are website logins that I create on the iMac appearing in the Credit Card category?

nomoregrays
nomoregrays
Community Member

Since upgrading to the latest version of 1Password, I've noticed that some of the logins that I created on the iMac are not appearing on my iOS devices. On closer observation, I've found at least 1 of the logins in the Credit Card category. How is this happening and how do I move the entry to the correct category?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:website login appearing in credit card area

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @nomoregrays! I"m sorry for the confusion. I'm also surprised, since there's literally no mechanism within 1Password to save a website Login item as a Credit Card item instead. You can save a Credit Card item in 1Password, and you can use 1Password to fill Credit Card items that you've saved, but if you're on a website's Login page and enter your uername and password, it won't be saved as anything but a Login item. To extrapolate a bit, the reason I'm sure this doesn't happen is that we don't even have a means to "transfer" an item from one Category (like Credit Card) to another Category (like Login or Passport or the like). What makes you think this happened?

• nomoregrays
    nomoregrays
    Community Member

i may be mistaken about the login being in the credit card category, but i know that there are a couple of logins that appear on the computer, but not on the tablet or phone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nomoregrays:

Do you perhaps have different 1Password vaults on your computer, compared to your tablet of phone?

• nomoregrays
    nomoregrays
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

i may be mistaken about the login being in the credit card category, but i know that there are a couple of logins that appear on the computer, but not on the tablet or phone. there should only be one vault. i did not intentionally create a second vault.

[screenshot removed to protect private information]

this is why i thought the login was in the credit card category.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nomoregrays:

What do you see if you open 1Password Preferences > Vaults tab on your Mac?

Is it the same list of vaults that you see if you open 1Password Settings > Vaults on your tablet or phone?

• nomoregrays
    nomoregrays
    Community Member

there is only the primary vault on both devices

• @nomoregrays

In that case it sounds like one or more of the devices does not have 1Password set to sync the Primary vault. You can find instructions on syncing here:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

• nomoregrays
    nomoregrays
    Community Member

everything is synched in iCloud

• Evidently not. :) Please try each of the steps in this troubleshooting guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

Ben

This discussion has been closed.