No response code from server

Options
adk2002
adk2002
Community Member

I have 1password installed on 2 iPhones and a macbook. I am able to log in on one iPhone, but not on the other two devices. I just uninstalled the app from the non-working iPhone, reinstalled, and scanned the setup code to try and authenticate. When I do so, I get an error message that says "No response code from server". What can I do to correct this?

1Password Version: 7.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020
    Options

@adk2002

Make sure you typed your Master Password correctly. Since you scanned your setup code, those details should be correct. A Master Password being incorrect could be a cause of the issue.

• adk2002
    adk2002
    Community Member
    Options

I am typing the same master password into both iPhones. It works on one, but doesn't work on the other.

• adk2002
    adk2002
    Community Member
    Options

This is resolved now. Thanks for your help.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020
    Options

@adk2002

I have only seen the error when incorrectly trying a Master Password. I searched the forum and I have seen mention of users needing to use, or not use, wifi to complete the setup. Often things like antivirus or spam filtering on the router, or even an ISP? may be holding you up.
    First, I would suggest trying a reboot of the device. Then try setting up 1Password from cellular or possibly another wifi?

Additional thoughts, what version of the app are you using? Along with what is the iOS version on the problematic device?

Thanks.

• jfanjoy
    jfanjoy
    Community Member
    Options

I had exactly this same problem. It turns out that if you upgrade from 1Password 6 to version 7, you need to delete 6 from your phone before installing 7. I deleted both from my phone with the problem, then installed 7 and it was able to connect fine after that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @jfanjoy! I am glad to hear that things are working well for you too now :)

This discussion has been closed.